Along Came A Dog... (named Eva)

Keeping up with the Koepnicks!

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Try Something New A Day Episode 15?

On Friday, I made home-made goldfish crackers! If you don't know what goldfish crackers are, they are crackers shaped into fish with a smile, and they have different flavors, ( at first they only had the flavor cheese). Here is a picture of them: * NOTE, this is NOT my picture, this is from Google, all the rights in this picture goes to Google 
Don't they look cute? The only time  I have them is when I'm in childcare because they have fishy crackers for a snack.  I didn't make normal fishy crackers with the cheese, and making them orange, I used Chocolate Covered Katie's recipe for " Healthy White Cheddar Vegan Goldfish Crackers". I did some changes in the recipe because I didn't have any onion powder, instead I added Garlic salt a little small tiny bit of beef stock, some basil, and lemon! ( I did add some other spices but I won't name every single one!). The first time I made them ( Friday) Esther and I shaped them into fish and we used our mini cookie cutters to made them into animal crackers! But the second time I made them, I just took the dough and made mini pancake shapes to make the process quicker. Now, for the taste test. They where a bit too salty, but crackers are supposed to be salty. I loved them so much, that I made them again yesterday! I really recommend this recipe for a healthy snack to bring alone somewhere, or just something to snack on! Click on me to go to the recipe. * Note, if the link doesn't work leave a comment below telling me it doesn't work and I will fix it!*Here are some pictures of the lovely crackers: 
                                         They taste better than they look!
                                         The only thing I'm still experimenting about is how much salt to add. Right now it's STILL too salty for me, I can still eat them, but I need to work on the salt. So if you do make them, and don't like things too salty, add LESS salt! ~ Abby ca.K.e 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

For the sake of younger readers, please use words appropriate for all ages :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home