Along Came A Dog... (named Eva)

Keeping up with the Koepnicks!

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Crafty Wednesday: How to fix a fail

Crafty Wednesday is back! Today I'm going to talk about when a craft isn't turning out as you wanted it to, or it isn't looking like what's on the box.  When something isn't turning out, here are some things you can do.

1. Step away from the craft! If you're feeling really frustrated  take a short break and do step 2., then come back to what you where making when you know you're calm.

2. Try to think what you did wrong from the instructions, or why it looks weird  If you can, try to fix this problem that you know went wrong,  but if you don't feel like finishing it, stop and take a break.

3. If you get too mad and have tried step 1. and 2., and can't fix it, don't finish  it. Put what ever you're making into a container or bag, and you might come back to it later on in life. ( When I was making a clay Wall-E, I was getting so mad with it, that I just let it lye there on my craft space for a LONG time, then when I knew I had enough courage to finish it, I went back and finished making it.

4. Ask for help. Either someone you know, or look up on the web for help. If you have polymer clay that is way too soft, you could look up on google " What to do when your clay is too soft" Or " How to harden really soft polymer clay". If some one you know wants to help, make sure you've calmed down before letting them help, you don't want to put all your anger on them and hurt their feelings.

5. Ask MEE!!!! I do a lot of different  types of crafting, so you could comment on this post and ask me the problem, and if it is a craft I don't know how to do I would research it for you and reply telling you some different solutions.

6. Don't feel ashamed if you gave up. I'm not good at drawing or painting, and I'm OK with that, try out different types of crafts if something isn't turning out. Here are some types of crafts: Painting, drawing, wood working, polymer clay, sculpting, making miniatures, knitting, crocheting, sewing, quilting, card making, scrapbooking, There are many more, this is just some of lots of crafts out there!
~ Abby ca.K.e

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

For the sake of younger readers, please use words appropriate for all ages :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home